At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
- Actively participate in technical projects and technical support for Consumer Electronics customers.
- Researches, collects and reports information on commercial and experimental adhesive products, specification of processes/equipment, and troubleshooting/failure analysis
- Work as a team member in a fast-paced engineering group
- Deliver a high level of customer service for process and adhesive applications
- Actively design and perform test plans related to detailed formula screening
- Design and pursue tests related to final product use in a manufacturing environment
- Long term pursuit of Method Development for Structural Adhesives (Internal screening methods & Methods for Industrial Process Control and Outgoing Quality Control)
- Focus on next generation Structural Adhesives (Process Improvements & Partner with Product Development for product/material improvements)
- Develop lab and analytical test methods and capabilities related to UV curable adhesives
- Setup, use and implementation of new dispense & test equipment
- Ensures laboratory and application equipment are calibrated and safety checked in compliance with local regulations
- Split of duties is anticipated to be 75% lab time and 25% customer awareness
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, or Material Science plus 3 to 5 years of demonstrated related experience in an adhesive application engineering environment
- Strong customer relations and interpersonal skills
- Working with internal and external cross-functional teams (> 5 teams)
- Proven leadership, sense of urgency, self-starter – takes the initiative
- Customer support experience
- Demonstrated project management and laboratory skills
- Presenting results to technical and non-technical stakeholders/customers
- Statistical analysis using JMP
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
The annualized salary range for this role is $71,000 –$84,000.00. This is the range that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Connecticut. This salary range may also be modified in the future.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.