At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
- Contributes to strategic and tactical planning. Identifies and drives new business development activities
- Develop new technologies and products in support of electronic adhesives business
- Identifies opportunities for new technologies, products, or performance improvements
- Lead multiple R&D projects critical to business and ensures timely project milestone advancement
- Actively makes specialized knowledge available to the organization
- Develop, execute and support on-time commercialization of new adhesive film formulations and products
- Identifies and engages valuable external partners
- Directly interact and communicate with external customers to identify, qualify, close, and maintain Henkel Product applications
- Effectively work in cross functional teams across different time zones with members from product development, project management, application engineering, process engineering, marketing and sales
- Acts as a consultant for management and steering committees
- Perform all laboratory work in a safe manner and comply with all regulations, safety precautions, PPE requirements, and 5S processes
- Secures IP position in own area of development
- Prepare and deliver presentations on projects/technologies for internal teams, management and customers
- Travel with sales representatives to develop first-hand understanding of customer needs and application details
- Ability to travel up to 30% in overnight travel/year
- M.S. Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, or Material Science
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in the areas of tape and film adhesives application for electronic applications, thermoset materials, adhesive formulation or electronic materials is required
- Strong leadership, communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills are essential
- Motivated self-starter with strong initiative and with the ability to work independently and to participate creatively in team collaboration
- Customer support experience (providing product application training)
- Demonstrated project management and laboratory skills
- Training/mentoring lab employees
- Statistical analysis using JMP.
- Potential for up to 30% overnight travel per year
The salary for this role is $101,800.00 - $121,000.00. This is the range that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Connecticut. This salary range may also be modified in the future.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.